Monday 9 March 2015

Child Prisoners Demonstration

Hello Everyone!

Here are some photos from our demonstration on Saturday 7th March. The choice of location proved successful as we were able to inform several young people of the next youth visit in June.

The demonstration was a new experience for me, my first CADFA public event. It gave me a chance to publicise the current situation in Palestine. A large majority of the people I spoke to were unaware. I was able to explain why I am involved in CADFA and having spent time with people from Palestine, I have heard first hand their experiences. 

We were joined by some new volunteers for our campaign - we are beginning to attract the interest of young people! 

Oonagh: I felt like I was a part of the cause and I was doing something about the issue of child prisoners in Palestine.

Ryan: I felt happy that I was taking action and helping to bring about positive change for the world.

Bea: As it was my first experience working with CADFA I was unsure of what to expect. I had always been interested in the cause so to actively partake was really good. Although the signs may not have attracted the attention intended, I feel like the amount of leaflets handed out and positive feedback from members of the public is helping to bring a positive change. 





Saoirse, Oonagh and Ryan holding posters reflecting
 the stories of young people in Palestine.


Saoirse and Lucy helping 
to make the posters.


Oonagh holding up her finished poster.


Ryan handing out leaflets informing 
of the situation in Palestine.


Lucy, Saoirse, Oonagh and myself (Sorcha) 
making the posters.

Sorcha Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment